Make a difference to someone’s life whilst developing a career in care and rehabilitation.
We are always looking for individuals who want to make a difference in people’s lives in this unique environment.
Our employees come from all walks of life, and if we find a candidate who embraces our values, we will equip them with all the training they need to excel in their roles. We are a caring employer and are committed to developing, nurturing and rewarding our people.
If you would like to work in this exciting environment where every day brings the opportunity to change someone’s life for the better, please email, email@example.com or call 0203 434 1085.
Rehabilitation Support Worker, 1 Sewardstone Close, East London£8.20 per hourJob Description
Join a rewarding company who have won Care Employer of the year 2015 and become part of their ABI unit 1SC.
Job Purpose – To work as an integral part of the caring team, delivering the highest standards of personalised care to residents, ensuring that everyone is treated with respect and dignity, and that individual’s rights to privacy, dignity, independence and choice are met.
- To provide the highest level of personal care (toileting, bathing etc) and attention to residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive. To act as a key worker for a named group of residents, ensuring that these responsibilities are carried out in full.
- To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Care Standards Act, to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- To always be alert to residents physical and mental well being, immediately reporting any accidents or changes in a resident’s condition to a senior person on duty, and to accurately maintain and update residents’ records as required.
- To respect and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information at all times, this includes resident’s behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day to day care.
- Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs, and encourage, assist and support residents to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes escorting residents to outside appointments and leisure outings.
- Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying resident’s, undertaking light cleaning duties as needed, ensure any maintenance work is reported and generally assisting in ensuring that The Enable Care Home is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
- Helping to serve meals and drinks at meal times and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an attractive way, with polite and courteous service. Also, to provide the appropriate level of support and help for residents who need assistance with feeding and dressing.
- To be an active and supportive member of the Care team, contributing to team meetings, training and development, ensuring good communication and helping new team members as appropriate, ensuring that Enable Care is a friendly and supportive working environment.
Relevant facts and figures relating to the job
Key worker to designated residents
Keep in constant contact with nurses and other carers
This role is a team role, but with clear responsibility for specified residents. Clear communication with other team members is essential.
To ensure that Enable Care values of trust, respect and care are always maintained and that each team member treats residents in the way that they would expect to be treated themselves.
- Care & Compassion for every life we touch.
- Respect & Appreciation for each other.
- Teamwork & Enjoyment in working together.
- Focus & Discipline on improving the quality of care.
- Creativity & Innovation to develop effective solutions.
- Honesty & Integrity in all dealings.
- We will provide an environment that residents, their families, staff and our communities are proud of.
- We will sustainably fulfil our Mission and Vision by building a strong financial platform.
Mandatory training is up to date
Personal accountability for own Training and Development needs
Good numeracy and literacy skills
A warm and friendly disposition
Good communication skills, able to put others at ease
A strong team worker
Reliable and punctual
Willingness to develop new skills.Apply Now
Laundry Assistant, 1 Sewardstone Close, East London£7.20 per hourJob Description
We are currently recruiting for an Laundry Assistant to join our ABI unit in East London for 21 hours per week.
- To ensure that the laundry department is stocked and run effectively and efficiently. To ensure there are no complaints about the standard of service.
- To ensure that the laundry is maintained in a clean, tidy state at all times. That Health and Safety requirements are meticulously upheld.
- To sort, wash, dry and press all laundry daily according to the fabric and washing instructions.
- Keep accurate records of any items disposed of due to them being beyond repair.
- To distribute the topping up service for sheets, pillowcases, bath towels, hand towels and flannels to each of the linen cupboards.
- To put away all freshly laundered residents clothing.
- To ensure that all residents’ property is cared for, which includes the properties that may be sent down to the laundry in error, either as items in pockets, attached to clothes etc.
- To pass for repair residents clothing and linen i.e. hems, replace buttons etc.
- To ensure that all laundry chemicals are ordered – via the administrator, stored and used according to the Home’s and the Health and Safety requirements.
- To be aware of COSHH regulations and appropriate use of all substances.
- Ensure the laundry area is cleaned daily as required, wash walls, work surfaces and floors.
- Report any defective equipment immediately to the Manager.
- Have due regard to your own Health and Safety and the Health and Safety of others. Hazards, potential hazards, accidents and other untoward occurrences, faulty equipment etc. should be reported to the senior person on duty and any necessary steps taken to prevent injury.
- To know where all fire equipment is located and how it is to be operated.
- Carry out all procedures laid down in accordance with company policy.
- It is a requirement of employment that all staff actively participate in training programmes organised by the company.
- To keep information about residents confidential at all times.
- To take part in staff meetings whenever possible.